Jochen's Sliding Picture Puzzle
By Jochen Voss, last updated 2011-09-05
Jochen's Sliding Picture Puzzle is a puzzle game which you can
play in your web browser. It is implemented as an HTML5 app and requires a
modern web browser with good HTML5 support to play.
- If you simply want to try the game, you can go straight to the copy
hosted on my server: play it now!
- Jochen's sliding picture puzzle is free software. Thus you can make
your own version of the game, either just by including different images or
maybe by making more ambitious enhancements like adding a high-score list.
See the terms of the
GNU Affero General Public License
- You can study the program to learn about programming HTML5 Apps. Some
things I learned while writing this program are presented in my tutorial
on how to write an HTML5 App.
- webpuzzle version 2, 2010-12-08 (bug fix release)
- webpuzzle version 1, 2010-06-27
first public release
This section lists some problems with the code which I haven't solved
yet. Hints how to solve these problems would be very welcome.
- Sound does not work in Google Chrome on MacOS X when I run then
copy on the web server. Curiously, when loading exactly the same files
from the local file system instead, sound works. Also sound works with
Apple Safari and Firefox.
- The custom cursors do not work with Firefox on MacOS X. They do
work with Firefox on Linux and with both Safari and Chrome on
MacOS X. (This seems to be
- After you have moved a tile, the cursor doesn't immediately change
back to its normal shape. You need to move the mouse by one pixel to make
the change happen (at least with Google Chrome and Safari on MacOS X).
This problem is quite mysterious to me. Maybe a browser bug?
Copyright © 2011, Jochen Voss. All content on this
website (including text, pictures, and any other original works),
unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a
Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.